- Joss Whedon: Hey! You guys wanna write a book together?
- J. K. Rowling: Sure.
- Suzanne Collins: Why not?
- Shakespeare: If it is to be of a tragical nature, then I doth not protest!
- Beginning of the book: Unimportant characters die.
- Middle of the book: Favorite characters died.
- End of the book: Everyone is dead.
- George R.R. Martin: They didn't suffer enough.
I start my new job tomorrow. I’m a little nervous, but I just have three days of training this week so it shouldn’t be too bad. I just hope everything goes smoothly and I don’t make too many mistakes. Gotta try to stay confident!
Like names, POV and tenses. They’re such basic elements, but they set the whole feel of the story. When I’m trying to hammer out some serious plot development I always tend to second guess one of these three things and start changing them around.